David N. Barkhausen, President
- Founded Life Insurance Advisors, Inc. in 2001. Serving clients throughout the U.S. with reviews and recommendations relating to existing and new life insurance coverage. Retained to review irrevocable trust life policies for Deutsche Bank.
- Agent with Northwestern Mutual Life, 1990-1998. Highest ranking first-year agent among 2,500 new agents. Set Northwestern Mutual record by earning Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) and Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) designations in six months. Also obtained Certified Financial Planner designation (CFP) and is currently a licensed Life Insurance Counselor.
Financial counseling experience with top, independent, fee-only firm, 1998-2000. Served broad needs of high net worth clientele and specialized in life insurance and estate planning issues.
- Practiced law for 14 years, focusing largely on estate planning.
Author and speaker on numerous occasions for estate planning committees and publications of the Chicago and American Bar Associations and the Illinois CPA Society.
- Conducts seminars for attorneys and continuing professional education courses for accountants on life insurance products and tax issues and the estate and business planning applications of life insurance.
- Former Member, National Advisory Board of the National Council of Financial Fiduciaries.
- Member, Board of Directors, Chicago Estate Planning Council, 2005-2008.
- Member, National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws, 1983-1997.
- Graduated with high honors from Princeton University in 1972 and in the first class of the Southern Illinois University School of Law in 1976.